[c-nsp] Re: OT - system failure notifications

Network Fortius netfortius at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 20:17:42 EST 2005

Just did that, more than a year ago: replaced pagers with Treo's (600
and 650) with Sprint services (they suck in some areas, and they're
somehow OK in others - check coverage before jumping). We are using
redundant links and email servers at our end, and send notifications
to:

<10-digit-phonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Between members of our group we use the SMS interface, of course.

One neat thing about Treo's (and equivalent) is the possibility of
running IPSec VPN client, as well as ssh ver2 clients for Palm, to
follow-up on any notifications ;)

HTH,
Stef

On Mar 26, 2005, at 9:58 AM, Adam Greene wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What are you all doing by way of failure notifications to a cell phone
> or
> pager?
<snip>