[c-nsp] 6506 with active/standby Sup1a's failover

Scott Ingram SIngram at clayton.com
Tue Mar 29 07:42:22 EST 2005

Problem Details: I have a 6506 with active/standby Sup1a's.  Symptom,
people were loosing connectivity to the switchport access and voice
Vlan. When I telnet into the box any command I made was non-responsive
i.e. I had to reopen a new telnet.  when I consoled in the slot 1
was active and slot 2 was standby.  Then the Sup failed over to the slot
2 and slot1 became stand-by.  I have done some debugging and reviewed
the redundancy, logging history however, i can't find anything that
leads me to the failure.