[c-nsp] cisco 675 and 678

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Wed Mar 30 02:54:37 EST 2005

John Neiberger [John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com] wrote:

> The 675 is CAP only, while the 678 can run either CAP software or DMT
> software (but not both at the same time.)

The 678 is the only modem I've ever used that actually syncs up at a full
8064 down.  Everything else seems to max out at 7616 or 7680 or something like
that.  Strange, really.  Also, the older Alcatel (?) chipset on the 678
does not perform as well on longer (>10000ft) circuits where the newer TI
chipset modems really excel.

--
"All creativity is an extended form of a joke. Most creativity is a transition
from one context into another where things are more surprising." - Alan Kay