[c-nsp] 837 and vbr-nrt size limitation

Lobo the_father at allstream.net
Wed Mar 30 09:39:44 EST 2005

We normally setup our DSL customers with an 837 and create a
sub-interface off the ATM0 main interface.  We don't assign a vbr as we
just leave it blank and let the DSLAM and ATM equipment take care of the
shaping.  However, I wanted to apply a policy map and use LLQ on the
connection outbound to our edge router.  To accomplish this I need to
assing a vbr statement with hard coded PVC values so that the
service-policy statement takes.  Upon trying to set this up I noticed
that the router can only have a max of 800K as the size of the PVC.
This represents a problem as our service is 7Mbps.  Is there any version
of IOS that allows for a greater value to be entered or this some hard
limitation on the router?  I tried 12.3(4)T11 non IP Plus.

Jose Robles