[c-nsp] Cisco CRS-1 vs Juniper M320

tin.nguyen at sasktel.sk.ca tin.nguyen at sasktel.sk.ca
Thu Mar 31 13:54:13 EST 2005

Hi everyone, I am comparing Cisco CRS-1 vs Juniper M320 for IP/MPLS core
routing application. From Cisco's literature & Light Reading CRS-1 test
results, it seems that Cisco has leapfroged Juniper. I am interested in
hearing opinions from people that had experience with the CRS-1 either in
production deployment or lab testing. Some of my questions:

- is the new IOS-XR as stable/resilience as Cisco claims? I would hope that
it is better than IOS.
- are there any important features not yet available in IOS-XR? with IOS,
the feature you desperately need is always in the next major release train.
- pro's and con's as compared to the M320

Tin

NOTICE:  This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is
strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify
the sender.