[c-nsp] Heat guns: was: New PIX DoS Vunlerability?

Matt Hill Matt.Hill at aapt.com.au
Thu Mar 31 18:52:05 EST 2005

Jay typed:

The 506
seems to be a hardware failure, probably thermal.  I may try the
heat-gun
and freeze-spray trick on the PCB if I have the time.  Replaced with a
new one, identical config, no problems.

What is this method you speak of?  It sounds rather dodgy to me
personally.  If something has been damaged due to environmental issues
isn't it permanent?  However if this is a magical fix for all heat
related issues then Id love to hear it.

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Hill
DPS - Internet Engineering
e: matt.hill at aapt.com.au
v: +61 3 8687 5739
f: +61 3 8414 3115
m: ask and you may receive

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.