[c-nsp] Cisco CRS-1 vs Juniper M320

Caren Litvanyi litvanyi at grnoc.iu.edu
Thu Mar 31 23:29:41 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:25:31PM -0600, tin.nguyen at sasktel.sk.ca wrote:
> > Precisely as Caren said, I am looking at the 8-slot CRS-1 with mostly GigE,
> > OC3 interfaces to start with, adding 10GE or OC192 next year. With this, I
> > think it is comparable to the M320.
>
> No, it isn't. Those interfaces (GE, OC3) are available for M320, but
> not CRS-1.
> As far as I can see, the only available linecards are 4-port OC192,
> 8-port 10GE, 16-port OC48 and 1-port OC768.

I believe this is all correct at this time.  I was purposely vague
about what "lower-speed interfaces" meant.  :-)  I would expect SW
feature availability/development will likely mirror the interface-
type availability on the CRS.  I.e., what's needed for a high-speed
core vs PE-type features.  Before getting too far along, I'd peruse:
HW:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/crs/crs8slot/sysdesc/index.htm
SW:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/iosxr3/index.htm