[c-nsp] Re: Graphing multiple PVC's on multipoint ATM subinterface?

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Fri May 6 11:04:09 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:46:16PM +0200, Andre Beck wrote:
> One of the major systems that scaled better than MRTG and was deployed
> by a lot of people was Cricket, but AFAIK it stopped to evolve any
> further some years ago.

Ahem.  Cough cough.  It didn't stop, it just slowed down.  A few pieces
of Cricket, especially Francois Mikus' awesome genRtrConfig and its
successor, genDevConfig, are seeing active development,  genRtrConfig does
a very good job of discovering the router's PVCs and can be fine-tuned as
needed.  Here's a URL where the first few hits (the ones that say "Choose a
target") all seem to be using genRtrConfig on a Cisco router:

   http://www.google.com/search?q=%22choose%20a%20target%22%20atm%20aal5%20layer&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I should also point out that if you know which PVCs (or any other interface)
you want to see aggregated, Cricket can draw a graph showing the sum of
multiple interfaces.

> in the ways doing that discovery), seems to scale to large networks
> and works by means of templates and XML configuration, have a look on
> Torrus.

Except for XML configuration, have a look at Cricket too.
The current version of Cricket is 1.0.5, downloadable from

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/cricket/

> AFAIK it is the only free solution available that can monitor
> Cisco's QoS MIBs.

genRtrConfig also claims support for the QoS MIBs.