[c-nsp] 7206 Restarting

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Fri May 6 19:01:55 EDT 2005

At 05:35 PM 5/6/2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:
>I'm not a broadband expert.
>
>But from looking at the crash decode and the
>memory address I did some bug searches I saw.
>

>CSCea62119
>Internally found severe defect: Resolved (R)
>LAC crashes at dialer_pending
>
>fixed in 12.3(1.3).

If you are going to upgrade to 12.3(x), I suggest you use 12.3(12b) which
is stable and works well for ATM PPPoE/PPPoA/PPPoEoA aggregation - we use
it here. Cisco apparently made a number of changes to the ATM handling code
in 12.3(13) and it isn't stable yet according to the broadband aggregation
L2 techs at TAC. In fact, 12.3(13) is now deferred. One MAJOR caveat we
found which is easily fixed is that there is something different about the
way the RADIUS secret is stored in 12.3 vs. 12.2. When upgrading, sessions
will not authenticate. If you look at your secret, it will look fine, but
it isn't. Re-enter the radius key after upgrading and rebooting then it
will work fine.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin