[c-nsp] 7206 Restarting

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Sat May 7 01:12:00 EDT 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Robert Boyle wrote:
> At 05:35 PM 5/6/2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:
>> I'm not a broadband expert.
>>
>> But from looking at the crash decode and the
>> memory address I did some bug searches I saw.
>>

>> CSCea62119
>> Internally found severe defect: Resolved (R)
>> LAC crashes at dialer_pending
>>
>> fixed in 12.3(1.3).
>
> If you are going to upgrade to 12.3(x), I suggest you use 12.3(12b) which
> is stable and works well for ATM PPPoE/PPPoA/PPPoEoA aggregation - we use
> it here. Cisco apparently made a number of changes to the ATM handling code
> in 12.3(13) and it isn't stable yet according to the broadband aggregation
> L2 techs at TAC. In fact, 12.3(13) is now deferred. One MAJOR caveat we
> found which is easily fixed is that there is something different about the
> way the RADIUS secret is stored in 12.3 vs. 12.2. When upgrading, sessions
> will not authenticate. If you look at your secret, it will look fine, but
> it isn't. Re-enter the radius key after upgrading and rebooting then it
> will work fine.

There was another bug on cisco's site that showed problems in the
vtemplate cloning/closing area that I seem to have tickled. It was listed
as unreproducible and no idea when it would be fixed. I took your
suggestion and put on 12.3(12b) and we'll see how that one goes. It's up
and passing cells right now.

Thanks for the help
dave

--