[c-nsp] Re: Cisco Access Registrar proxy authentication

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sun May 8 05:02:13 EDT 2005

Rob,

you can check the chapter "Using Extension Points" in the CAR
documentation for an overview. The scripts used by CAR are stored in
/opt/CSCOar/scripts/radius/, you can find examples (and the source code
for the REX/C-langugage scripts) in /opt/CSCOar/examples/.

I acknowledge that this requires a solid understanding of how CAR works
(as outlined in the "Cisco CNS Access Registrar Concepts and Reference
Guide").
I could give this a shot (if I have some spare time) if you sent me
(offline)

1) a trace of a typical access-request which you want to change (i.e. a
user which needs to be forwarded based on a realm/domain), you need to
increase the trace level to "5"  and send the output in
"/opt/CSCOar/logs/name_radius_1_trace"

2) your CAR configuration (the output of "ls -R" in aregcmd)

If you are indeed using the ParseAAARealm extension point script to
select the service based on the realm, I'd probably replace this
REX/C-script by a TCL extension point script
(/opt/CSCOar/scripts/radius/tcl/tclscript.tcl) and delete the two lines
which strip the domain

proc ParseAAASRealm {request response environ} {
[...]
    if { [ regexp {([^@]+)@([^@]+)} $userName dummy newUserName realm ]
} {
       # don't strip the domain
       # regsub "@$realm" $userName "" newUserName
       # $environ put User-Name $newUserName
       $environ put Authentication-Service $realm
  [...]
}

You want to use CAR on a test/staging machine to test extension point
scripts, you can use "radclient" to simulate requests..

	oli