[c-nsp] Go To My PC

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Sun May 8 01:31:21 EDT 2005

Tom,

	It could be anything causing that traffic.  Since you don't seem
to know what the traffic is, I'd first determine that.  Put a 12.3
mainline image on the router, and enable 'ip nbar protocol-discovery' on
the serial interface (or subint, which ever has the IP address).  You
might want to download the additional PDLMs to sniff out other traffic,
like bittorrent.  Once that's running, you can look in real time what
traffic is coming and going.  Otherwise, netflow caching might be able
to tell you via ports in use.  But really, half of a T1 being used
shouldn't cause too much concern.  If it's crawling, it's something
else.  Once you've identified the bandwidth hogs, you can limit/drop
them via policing/shaping as you see fit.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495