[c-nsp] L2/L3 configuration question

Tim Winders twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Tue May 10 02:19:30 EDT 2005

I have a question about configuration best practices for the following
situation:

6509/Sup720 ------  3508G-XL  -------- 6509/Sup720

I have two 6509/Sup720 switches connected together through a 3508G switch.
Due to some physical limitations I cannot connect the 6509/Sup720s directly
together.

I do not need to pass VLANs between the two switches.  I would like to
assign the 3508G an IP address so it can be managed.  What is the best
configuration setup for this scenario to simply route between the two
6509/Sup720s?

What is the 3508G was replaced with a 3550?  Would that change the
configuration?

---

Tim Winders
Associate Dean of Information Technology
South Plains College
Levelland, TX 79336

Problem replying to my email?  Click the "Sign" button in the OE toolbar or,
better yet, get your own FREE Personal E-Mail Digital ID:
http://www.thawte.com/email/index.html