[c-nsp] Cisco 2924XL Questions

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Tue May 10 10:35:43 EDT 2005

>With 24 ports and a shared backplane, what can one of these switches
handle
>realistically per port and per switch?  Everything on these devices is
copper...

As I recall, the 2924XL has a 3.2 Gbps backplane (or is it 3.6?) so it
should do a pretty good job for you unless you're really pushing some
heavy data through it. The replacement for the 2924XL, the 2950-24, has
an 8.8 Gbps backplane so that might be one good option if you're
expecting really high average data rates.

HTH,
John