[c-nsp] MPLS and Sup720 (not 3B)

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Tue May 10 11:51:17 EDT 2005

At 03:41 PM 5/10/2005 +0100, McCallum, Robert wrote:
>Brad - it doesn't support mpls - however - if you have OSMs in your routers
>then they do the MPLS forwarding instead.

No, No, No. MPLS on PFC3a/DFC3a is not supported, no matter what line
cards are installed.

OSMs PXF complexes and FlexWAN did MPLS forwarding with SUP2

On Sup720 PFC3b/PFC3bXl, MPLS forwarding for everything except AToM
EoMPLS, VPLS, PPP/HDLCoMPLS, ATMoMPLS, FRoMPLS was removed from the
OSM PXF complex and FlexWAN, and the PFC3b performs the forwarding.

Cisco is not supporting MPLS on PFC3a/DFC3a.

Ian