[c-nsp] limit throughput on a 3750?

Tue May 10 19:14:03 EDT 2005

Thanks, i am running 12.2(25)SE and i read through that doc but i'm alittle
confused.  The doc says that the vlan-based qos needs to be enabled on the
port.  When it says that i'm assuming it's meaning only the port all my
traffic leaves the network on?  I tryed doing `mls qos vlan-based` on
fa1/0/1 but i received the following error.

    access1(config-if)#mls qos vlan-based
    vlan-based not allowed for non-layer-2 interface FastEthernet1/0/1

fa1/0/1 is the interface that is assigned my half of the /29 my provider
gave me and runs HSRP

    interface FastEthernet1/0/1
         no switchport
         ip address 216.23.***.*** 255.255.255.248
         no ip redirects
         no mdix auto
         no cdp enable
         standby 1 ip 216.23.***.***
         standby 1 timers 2 6
         standby 1 preempt delay minimum 45
         standby 1 authentication ********
!

Do i need to do `mls qos vlan-based` on my trunk interfaces?

Thanks for the reponce!
--

Shaun

news:20050508212053.2473B18874 at user2.cybercity.dk...