[c-nsp] Cisco 2924XL Questions

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Wed May 11 10:13:04 EDT 2005

At 09:20 AM 5/11/2005, you wrote:
>Actually, interestingly enough, I've recently run into a lot of problems
>with hard-coding speed/duplex on some devices and had to revert them to
>auto-negotiation. Specifically, I had an issue with a Cisco 2970 and a
>SonicWall firewall, which we had a lot of problems with and ended up having
>to revert from hard-coded 100/Full on both sides to Auto-Neg to get a duplex
>match. Auto-mdix didn't seem to work at all, either.
>
>Has anyone else had similar to this?

We have colo clients using Sonicwall and others using WatchGuard firewalls.
They both seem to allow you to hardcode something, but they don't use that
setting. They still try to auto-negotiate.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin