[c-nsp] 12008 replacement, 7300?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Fri May 13 02:40:59 EDT 2005

I'm continually plagued by problems with some aging 12008s we have and their
old, EOL LCs.  I've been tasked with finding a replacement option.

Among the options on the table are replacing the 12008s with 7300s, one per
provider.  However, I have no working experience with these boxes and have no
idea if this is an appropriate "replacement" solution or not.

Upstream connectivity ranges from OC12 to OC48 to GigE.

Comments?

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."