[c-nsp] Network Monitor / Mgmnt App

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Fri May 13 14:19:39 EDT 2005

Janet Sullivan wrote:

>>>you must be using a better version than the ones I have used - the
>>>installations that I have had, have all sucked [tm].  cisco works is
>>>

>I have to agree.  A company I worked for last year had ciscoworks.  It
>had some nice features, but it was so slow that it just wasn't worth
>using for most tasks.  Not to mention how picky it was about java
>versions...

Which reminds me. Has anyone tinkered with the new Cisco Network
Assistant 2.0? http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/index.html

It looks like a spiffed up rebuild of the bygone Cluster Manager. But I
dunno. It won't install in my favorite workstation that happens to
already have Sun J2SE v1.5. :-( I really miss a few of the old CMS gui
features, though...and would like to know.

../C