[c-nsp] Basic Query......Switches !!!

r.sahney r.sahney at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:56:10 EDT 2005

Hi Ganga,

The links below might be a gud place to start

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_models_comparison.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

14 switches should not be an issue as Erden said, but there are some
proactive measures and design considerations that you might want to look at
-

1 What might be your expansion plan for atleast nxt 1 year ?
2 How are you uplinking these switches ?
3 Do u already have stacks ? if yes what is the size ?

Since i m not well aware of your site design , still general recommendation
is that we try and uplink a stack of few switches at 1Gbps, usually from
access to distribution layers(read l3), for normal inter vlan routing a 4507
should be gud from redundacy/scalability perspective with dual sup engines,
but it will surely add cost.

Usually sooner or later an Ad hoc expansion is reaplaced with Structured
Modular Design and thats were you will be benifited, else networks dont run
efficiently but that has to be an initiative from Layer 8 ( mgmt) ;-)

Cheers
Raja

You will need to think further on the following issues -
1 H