[c-nsp] Which IOS solves GRE/TTL bug?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue May 17 13:44:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 06:58:23PM +0800, Glenn Tan wrote:
> Does anyone know which version of IOS contains the patch for the bug
> where the TTL doesn't get decremented for GRE tunnels?
>
> We've also had tunnels which randomly stop forwarding traffic and the
> only way to get them working would be to delete and reconfigure the
> interfaces.

This question is way to generic to start answering it.  Most IOS trains
affected will have the bugfix, unless the whole train is end-of-life.

So to give you a complete answer, we'd need to know what IOS version
on what platform you are running now.

> Will 12.3(7)T solve the above issues?

This depends on where you come from.  Chances are high that it will
mainly bring up MANY more issues.

I can say for sure that 12.3(10a) on 7200s does not exhibit the GRE-TTL
bug anymore - I think it was fixed in 12.3(9) or 12.3(10), can't remember.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de