[c-nsp] Pix can't ping PC

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue May 17 15:50:36 EDT 2005

I just installed a Pix 506 at a remote site.

The Pix inside address is 192.168.1.19 and there are two routers (.17 &
.18).  Then there is a Windows XP box.  The PC can ping both routers but
not the Pix.  The Pix can ping both routers but not the PC.

All devices are in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.  All other PC's are
working.

Any ideas?

XP firewall is off.  Changed IPs with same outcome.  Changed ports on
the switch and had the same outcome also.  Rebooted and no help either.

All comments welcome, except Bashing, as I have NO control over what the
end customer uses for networking gear or OSs.

TIA

Scott