BGP config WAS RE: [c-nsp] internet redundancy [7:99340]

Kern, Tom tkern at CHARMER.COM
Thu May 19 17:02:52 EDT 2005

as it stands right now, my current config is as such-

internet router----firewall------L3switch(cat 4500)------router-----T1---------albany router-------firewall----internet router

I'm just using an exanmple of my config with 2 sites(NYC and Albany). There is a third site(Buffalo) with its own internet connection and i T1 to Albany and a seperate t1 to NYC. I just left it out for clarity.

All these routers(except the internet one's) run eigrp. As it stands now, there is a static default route on the L3 switch pointing to the NYC internet router.
This static route is redistributed into eigrp to the other sites. so right now, the other sites use NYC internet as the gateway of last resort.

I just wanted to give a slightky clearer view of my set up before proceedeing with Dave's advice.

Is anything wrong here right now as it stands?

Also, will most isp's play "nice" with each other for this?
will they charge me an extra fee?

thanks a lot for all your help so far.
you guys have been great!