[c-nsp] One Brief Question Regarding Cat4948

Marko Milivojevic markom at PanGalactic.net
Thu May 19 17:56:48 EDT 2005

	This is mostly aimed at resident Cisco guys :-). Sorry for bugging the
rest of the list, but I'm being both a little bit confused and misguided
by Cisco partner I'm dealing with.

	Few days ago I asked about per-VLAN QoS on some Cisco gear and got some
documentation pointers. Thanks for that. Worked like a charm.

	Now, the question. Per-VLAN QoS on 4500, as mentioned here (in the
document linked as 4849 documentation guide):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6021/products_data_sheet0900aecd80246552.html

	Is this available on 4948 or not? What exactly Supervisor equivalent is
in 4948? Also, local Cisco partner is trying to persuade me that
policers on 4948 don't look into 802.1q markings, instead quoting this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6021/products_data_sheet0900aecd80246552.html

* Classification and marking based on full Layer 3 and Layer 4 headers
(IP only)
* Input and output policing based on Layer 3 and Layer 4 headers (IP only)

	Thanks for the answer in advance. You could also unicast.

Kind regards,
Marko.