[c-nsp] Cisco VPN client on Mac OS X 10.4 - still broken?

Dennis Peng dpeng at dpeng-mac.local
Fri May 20 14:29:26 EDT 2005

There's another bug which may be responsible for many of the problems
we are seeing, CSCeh96683. See if it applies to you:

===
Symptoms
After making a successful connection with the 4.6.03.0160 Mac VPN Client on
Mac OS X 10.4, no traffic passes and the user cannot disconnect.  Force Quit
is required to kill the VPN Client.

Conditions
A particular VPN Concentrator configuration in the group is causing this issue.
This is a VPN Client bug that only exists when using Mac OS X 10.4.

Workaround
If DNS is being pushed by the group a "Default Domain Name" MUST be filled in
for the group under the client config tab of the group or inherited from the
base group.

Alternatively, removing the DNS push no longer requires the Default Domain Name.
===

Dennis