[c-nsp] 1721 Service module configuration

goutam at infovision21.com goutam at infovision21.com
Sun May 22 10:43:39 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a new cisco router 1721 and was trying to configure T1.
inserted the WIC DSU/CSU card. I configured the fast ethernet port for remote access. (Iam using a RJ 45 to connect from Smart jack to DSU/CSU
My command list is as follows

#config t
#interface serial 0
#service-module t1 framing esf
%Service module configuration command failed: LOCK OBTAIN TIMEOUT.

I get the error as described in last line ..
Service module configuration command failed: LOCK OBTAIN TIMEOUT.

I tried clearing out the using "clear service-module serial 0"

No clue on how to proceed ?

Any help is appreciated.
goutam