[c-nsp] AToM, IOS 12.0.31S

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Mon May 23 01:11:11 EDT 2005

Quick question.

We use AToM a bit, on 7200 and 7500's running 12.0S. We upgraded a router
from 12.0.30S1 to 12.0.31S, and it broke Ethernet AToM. Specifically, on a
7206VXR, NPE-300, with a GE MIO. The core facing interface AND the
customer facing interface are on Gi0/0, on different VLANs. It may have
broken other AToM, but I only use Ethernet on this particular router.

Symptoms include a "show mpls l2transport vc xx detail" showing no packets
actually being sent on the VC:

   VC statistics:
     packet totals: receive 38, send 0
     byte totals:   receive 2888, send 0

Even though the packets are making it into the router. With no config
change and a downgrade to 12.0.30S1, all works fine.

Anyone else seen this?

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net