[c-nsp] limit throughput on a 3750?

Mon May 23 01:21:49 EDT 2005

ok, so it sounds like the 3750 wont do what i need it to do, which is
rate-limit a vlan to specific mbit limit.  Is there another
router/switch/appliance out there that i can put infront of my 3750 that
will do what i want done that any of you know of?  I read on a forum while
searching google and a guy had the same problem i had, was trying to
rate-limit a vlan.  He claimed he could do it on his 7206VXR...

Just a quick recap, My network consists of a 3750 that has multiple
2950G-48-EI's trunked into it. The 3750 is a VTP server, while the 2950's
are VTP clients.  Each customers server plugs into a port on the 2950G and
that port is assigned to the customers vlan.  Each customer has there own
vlan.  I have a customer who has equipment spaned accross multiple 2950G's
and i want to set a 20mbit limit on this customer.

------Provider
               |---------> 3750-EMI
                                         |---------> 2950G-EI
Customer A