[c-nsp] Configuring Netflow in C6500

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:08:08 EDT 2005

I dont know about exporting to NAM, but there are some basics about Netflow
that you need to know,

you probably dont have dCEF, read about it, CEF must be running for netflow
to run, netflow was originally as switching method, read what are switching
methods, how it went from software switching to CEF and why you could some
flows not in Hex

and its supposed to enhance switch performance because, a slight increase in
CPU, but you will never feel it, determine what u want to do with netflow
and then come to ask.

how to configure sampling if your netflow TCAM is full, changing aging and
expiring timers, do you need all the fields in the flow or not, all that
stuff,

get the NDE paper from cisco.com <http://cisco.com>