[c-nsp] 6500 SUP720 High Latency and Jitter issues

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed May 25 14:03:44 EDT 2005

show ip traffic and other commands that show counters for s/w switched
traffic might help you narrow down the type of traffic hitting the CPU.

Also check the # of NAT xlations and also try to figure out how many new
NAT sessions (not just xlations) are being established per second, this
could very well be a big part of the problem.

sh fm interface will also show whether you are not h/w enforcing features
on an interface due to TCAM install failure.

Tim

At 03:42 AM 5/25/2005, Simon Leinen pronounced:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759