[c-nsp] 6500 SUP720 High Latency and Jitter issues

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Wed May 25 13:23:24 EDT 2005

> As Ian Cox said on this list, turning a 7600 into a 7200 (by forcing
> it do to software forwarding) is never a good idea.  But it's easy to
> do so by accident, and hard to find out after the fact why it
> happened.

How is that "accidentally" done?  ACLs?

I ran into a performance issues eons ago on a 6500 (sup2/msfc2) running BGP
and ACLs on three interfaces - the knee jerk reaction was to rip out BGP so I
never had a good opportunity to debug futher.  I'm right now planning on
flipping BGP back up but if ACLs are going to impact me, that might be
something good to know in advance.

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."