[c-nsp] Basic Query: Switches

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Fri May 27 10:20:45 EDT 2005

And the 3550 went end of sale the other day

Internet
ssnodgra at pheran.com@puck.nether.net - 27/05/2005 15:16

Sent by:    cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net

To:    matthew

cc:    cisco-nsp

Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] Basic Query: Switches

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:12:57AM -0400, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> > The 3550 is rather old and will be (has been?) replaced by the 3750.
> > You can still get a 3550, but I think it will go to end of sale in the
> > next few months, which means it won't be supported much longer
> > (maybe a
> > couple of years?).
>
> Are you sure about this?  The 3550 still does things that the 3750
> cannot (QinQ for one).   I don't think the 3750 is a replacement for
> the 3550 (yet).

The 3750 supports QinQ as of 12.2(25)SE.

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network and Unix Guru(?) at Large
Geek Code: GCS d? s: a C++ U++++$ P+++ L++ w PS+ 5++ b++ DI+ D++ e++ r+++

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.