[c-nsp] Re: Re: IPv6 Route "tag" attribute?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri May 27 17:37:38 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 09:10:46PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 02:39:06PM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> > CSCuk52253
> > Externally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
> > IPv6 static route missing tag argument
> >
> > I see where the confusion probably come in in regards to
> > 12.2(25)S4. It looks like we missed the throttle build.
>
> Is there any timeline for 12.2S? 12.2S? There's still CEF table
> inconsistency with 12.2(25)S4, and there are only very seldom releases.
> Given that the 12.2S train is (as far as I understood it) the
> "strategic" train, it looks really bad compared to ongoing, lively
> 12.0S development.

I agree we have made some mistakes about the release process
for 12.2S in comparing bugfixes with new features. Your concern
is being passed to those that manage it.

> It's hard to deploy IPv6 with Cisco if even the CEF tables are
> inconsistent (not even speaking of missing features left and right).

Do you have a case opened on it?
I seem to recall helping someone with an inconsistency issue
but can't remember if it was you or not...anyway.

Do you by chance have a debug ip routing and CEF event logs for
the inconsistency?
What type of inconsistency is it?

I haven't played with the inconsistency checkers to see what capability
they now have.