[c-nsp] 6500 SUP720 High Latency and Jitter issues

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Sun May 29 04:11:12 EDT 2005

On 5/26/05, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> I agree, this would also be useful - having a full list of available
> features in IOS with a documentation on which combinations of Supervisor
> and line card it will be switched in what path.

Wrote the following in reply to "changes in defaults", but figured I'd
respect Rodney's pleas for the thread to die. When I saw this though,
seemed worth digging out of postponsed-msgs...

On 4/29/05, Marko Milivojevic <markom at pangalactic.net> wrote:

>  - Synchronize Feature Navigator, Release Notes and contens of the CCO
> FTP directories at the same time.

Somewhat OT for this thread, but touching on Gert's questions on the
6500 the other day, is a "L3 Switch Feature Navigator" would be
extremely useful -- max tcam size, svi counters, urpf impact, nde, max
svi, jumbo size, hardware gre, netflow versions / hardware export,
etc.. (This would a good place for the increasingly common 720 vs.
720-B vs. 720-BXL and the related DFC's questions that come up on this
list).

Several of these are tabulated on a per-feature basis, but being able
to diff on a per-platform basis 3550, 3750, 3750 metro, 4948, etc, etc
along with the restrictions would be fantastic.