[c-nsp] Catalyst6509 GE keep dropping incoming frames

Joe Shen sj_hznm at yahoo.com.cn
Mon May 30 21:54:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

Our server farm are directly connected to
Catalyst6509, in which each server is connected to
catalyst6509 GE interface. In past days, I noticed the
In-Discard counter keep increasing on those server
interfaces. How could we determine what's the reason
for this?

6509-sup-server> (enable) sh mac 9/1

Port     Rcv-Unicast          Rcv-Multicast
Rcv-Broadcast
-------- -------------------- --------------------
--------------------
 9/1                  8028490                    0
              11

Port     Xmit-Unicast         Xmit-Multicast
Xmit-Broadcast
-------- -------------------- --------------------
--------------------
 9/1                  4508972                 1153
               0

Port     Rcv-Octet            Xmit-Octet
 9/1              11792022168            297282447

MAC      Dely-Exced MTU-Exced  In-Discard Out-Discard
 9/1              0          0      61501           0

Port  Last-Time-Cleared
 9/1  Tue May 31 2005, 09:20:30

joe