[c-nsp] 6500 SUP720 High Latency and Jitter issues

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon May 30 23:56:49 EDT 2005

Yes, this basically rate limits traffic destined to any of the router's
interfaces to the specified rate. But the downsides are:
- set it too low & everything breaks
- it gives no preference to any traffic over any other traffic, for that
you need CoPP.

Tim

At 05:15 PM 5/30/2005, Andrew Fort pronounced:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759