[c-nsp] Rebooting PIX

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue May 31 09:34:35 EDT 2005

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> We have a customer with a pix 506 that every once in a while it
> freezes up.  power cycling it makes it run again.

> With pix 516 I would make sure your running latest firmware, and make
> sure that you don't have a machine behind the pix that is infected
> and spewing to every host on the Internet. A show xlate at the command
> prompt should tell you this.

Have had similar "freeze" problems with 515E, always directly related to
the connection count.  Rather than the 'show xlate count' as above, you
would get a better idea from 'show conn count' which will include all
connection entries and not just xlates.

Our 515 starts choking ~20-30,000 connections.

Jeff