[c-nsp] Catalyst6509 GE keep dropping incoming frames

Joe Shen sj_hznm at yahoo.com.cn
Tue May 31 21:16:33 EDT 2005

> Seems like we are dropping packets on the input side
> due to no packet
> buffers avaiable.

If it is, how can we fix the problem?

> What type of module is it? What version of CatOS are
> you running?

6509-sup-server> (enable) show module 9
Mod Slot Ports Module-Type               Model
      Sub Status
--- ---- ----- -------------------------
------------------- --- --------
9   9    48    10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet
WS-X6148-GE-TX      no  ok

Mod Module-Name          Serial-Num
--- -------------------- -----------
9                        SAD082903GG

Mod MAC-Address(es)                        Hw     Fw
      Sw
--- -------------------------------------- ------
---------- -----------------
9   00-03-32-30-b8-a2 to 00-03-32-30-b8-d1 6.1
7.2(1)     7.6(10)
6509-sup-server> (enable)

and, show port

 9/1  video           connected  132        a-full
a-1Gb 10/100/1000

I also found

Port  Send FlowControl  Receive FlowControl   RxPause
  TxPause
      admin    oper     admin     oper
  9/1  desired  off      off       off         0
   0
 9/2  desired  on       off       off         0
  23971542

port 9/2 is another server interface.

.