[c-nsp] Cisco 1812W & IOS 12.4(2)T1 & CBAC/Firewall

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 22:46:14 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have just gotten a Cisco 1812W (the 1800 series with
built in wireless). It is generally working fine
(wireless, routing, etc) except that I couldn't get
the built in firewall & IDS to work.

In a nutshell, whenever I tried to enable "ip inspect"
or "ip ips" on the internal BVI1 interface, all
UDP/TCP traffic stops. ICMP traffic works fine though.
No NAT is involved.

The relevant portion of my configuration is as
follows:

interface FastEthernet0
 description Internet
 ip address 10.10.10.1
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip route-cache flow
 speed 100
 full-duplex
 fair-queue
 no cdp enable
!

interface BVI1
 description Internal
 ip address 192.168.1.1
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip route-cache flow
!

bridge 1 protocol ieee
bridge 1 route ip

Fa0 is connected to the Internet while BVI1 is
actually the routing interface for the built-in
wireless and switch ports.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any idea
what is wrong?

TIA!