[c-nsp] High Availability PoP Design

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Thu Nov 3 17:34:43 EST 2005

Just a side note.  This issue isn't a problem if the routing devices
are L3 switches (several ports in a vlan, SVI being the L3 target).
Seeing as a 6503/Sup32 bundle is about 30% cheaper than a 7206/NPE-G1
bundle I imagine we may see more people deploying devices like this at
the border.  They are certainly better at handling DOS scenarios.

I had a "handy sup comparison" chart bookmarked but can't find it right
now.  I assume that the Sup32 can handle a full table?

David