[c-nsp] High Availability PoP Design

Aivars aivars at ml.lv
Fri Nov 4 13:29:53 EST 2005

12.2.18-SXF is available.

Aivars

cmubc> Do we have a 'native ios' vs 'ios' conversationblock?

cmubc> Internet
cmubc> aivars at ml.lv
cmubc> Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net

cmubc> 04/11/2005 15:41

cmubc> Please respond to
cmubc> aivars at ml.lv

cmubc> To
cmubc> kristocc
cmubc> Mark, cisco-nsp, bambiSubject
cmubc> Re[2]: [c-nsp] High AvailabilityPoP Design

cmubc> IOS for SUP32 is out and working. Haveseen myself.

cmubc> Aivars

cmubc> Friday, November 4, 2005, 4:40:34 PM,you wrote:

KS>> On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 08:34 +1000,David J. Hughes wrote:
>>> Just a side note.  This issue isn't a problem if the routingdevices
>>> are L3 switches (several ports in a vlan, SVI being the L3 target).
>>> Seeing as a 6503/Sup32 bundle is about 30% cheaper than a 7206/NPE-G1
>>> bundle I imagine we may see more people deploying devices likethis at
>>> the border.  They are certainly better at handling DOS scenarios.
>>>
>>> I had a "handy sup comparison" chart bookmarked butcan't find it right
>>> now.  I assume that the Sup32 can handle a full table?

KS>> According to the Feature Navigator,they haven't released IOS for Sup32
KS>> yet, but it is obviously planned.  I did, however, stumbleacross some
KS>> literature on CCO on configuring Sup32 in 7600 with IOS.

KS>> Yes, the Sup32 can (if it's runningIOS) handle a full table, it's specs
KS>> say 256,000 routes...does that mean it can handle 256,000 actualroutes
KS>> or 256,000 BGP table entries?

KS>> The Sup32 does indeed look prettynice, supporting MPLS, 10GE and if
KS>> it's as affordable as a 7200/NPE-G1, it's a real option for a lotof
KS>> scenerios.  I'm assuming making it do POS over STM-1 wouldmean buying
KS>> FlexWAN, extra software licenses, etc., making it a lot more expensive
KS>> than a 7200 doing the same?

cmubc> _______________________________________________
cmubc> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

cmubc> This message and any attachments (the "message") is
cmubc> intended solely for the addressees and is confidential.
cmubc> If you receive this message in error, please delete it and
cmubc> immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with
cmubc> its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole
cmubc> or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet
cmubc> can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
cmubc> BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not
cmubc> therefore be liable for the message if modified.

cmubc> **********************************************************************************************

cmubc> BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
cmubc> by CECEI   AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
cmubc> Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
cmubc> the United Kingdom.

cmubc> BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
cmubc> by CECEI   AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
cmubc> Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
cmubc> the United Kingdom.

cmubc> BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
cmubc> regulated by the Financial Services Authority