[c-nsp] MWAM module on 6500/7600

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Nov 8 08:21:29 EST 2005

The MWAM was originally developed for mobile wireless stuff.

Then folks realized it was "sorta" like 6 NPE-G1's on a blade
so they could hack it up in all kinds of different solutions
like (mGRE termination, some broadband usage, high density
GRE termination for large neighbor counts, etc..).

However, it's not the exact same as 6 NPE-G1's. I'd use
6 7301's instead.

It's easier to manage in my opinion because the packet flow
and troubleshooting to/from that blade can be pretty hard
to follow. To and from a stack of 7301's is much easier to
follow in my opinion.

Rodney