[c-nsp] MWAM module on 6500/7600

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Nov 8 12:22:40 EST 2005

I fail to follow your summarization argument because
whether they are in the chassis or one hop back as
7301's at the end of the day it's the same thing.
Those CPU's on the MWAM still look like normal
routing protocol neighbors off a VLAN. Or maybe
it's just a scenario of routing the /32's I'm not following.

What I mean was the 7301's would replace the MWAM and the
chassis would still frontend it. Your performance would
be better with the 7301's because you don't share the memory
space. The MWAM is a G1 processor with both CPU's used and they
share a common packet memory space.

Not to mention the release schedule issues with the MWAM for
no SSG bug fix type scenarios.

As for cost I guess you can cut it up however you like.

The board was never designed or targeted for broadband support
so use it at your own risk.

Rodney