[c-nsp] PIX, PAT and SSH - not working

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Nov 17 23:15:12 EST 2005

Hello All:

I'm not sure if this is a Pix issue or not, but it's the one device common
to all clients.  In short, ssh connections initiated from behind the
firewall to hosts outside the firewall all have the same behavior; the
hostname is entered and the client starts, there is an unusually long pause,
then the username prompt is presented, then nothing. Finally, after some
time the connection times out and the client closes.  This has been
replicated using 3 different clients on 3 different OS's (2 Windows, 1
Unix).  All other transmission types (http, telnet, smtp, ssl, etc.) work
with no trouble.  Finally, there are no errors or deny hits in the logs and
we're running 6.3.5.

Has anyone ever seen this? I am completely stumped.

Thanks in advance,

Mike