[c-nsp] "Packets dropped to the next slow path"

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Nov 21 12:20:58 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Vincent De Keyzer wrote:

> interface Serial6/0:0
> mac-address 0014.a862.b71b
> ip address 10.11.130.33 255.255.255.224 secondary
> ip address 10.11.133.1 255.255.255.224 secondary
> ip address x.y.z.5 255.255.255.252
> ip verify unicast reverse-path
> no ip redirects
> no ip unreachables
> no ip proxy-arp
> encapsulation ppp
> load-interval 30
> no fair-queue
> no cdp enable
> ppp bridge ip
> end

I've never seen anyone assign a MAC address to a serial interface.  What's
the purpose of that, the secondary addresses, and "ppp bridge ip"?

I kind of wonder if the fact that you seem to be enabling bridging on the
interface is why the traffic isn't cef switched...though have you verified
it's really not by doing a show int stats?  That'll probably show most/all
the traffic is process switched.