[c-nsp] "Packets dropped to the next slow path"

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Nov 21 13:17:12 EST 2005

I'd never seen that either until last week when someone complained
that their counters were not working for MQC policing.

ppp bridge ip is like a BVI under the covers to bridge
ethernet frames out over the PPP link from what I see.

se2/0
ip add 1.1.1.1  --- pppp link ---- remote router --- ethernet

and the remote router is like a transparent bridge between
the ip of 1.1.1.1 to the remote 1.1.1.0/24 subnet.

I have no idea if we support that in anything other than process
level code. I've never tested it.

Rodney