[c-nsp] "Packets dropped to the next slow path"

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Tue Nov 22 06:19:18 EST 2005

Right Rodney, that's exactly what we are doing (and BTW, how to configure
this was explained to me two years ago on this excellent list).

So basically, my problem is that CEF does not support PPP half-bridging, so
if I want to offer VoIP to this customer, I have two options:
1. move him to a router where CPU usage is not subject to peaks (which is
what I did temporarily)
2. install an E1 router (instead of a bridge) at customer premises, and do
plain PPP

Please confirm my understanding...

Vincent

PS: "sh int stat" indeed shows that traffic is switched by the processor
mostly (why not completely? Seems like 0.2% of the packets do find their way
via CEF, weird!)