[c-nsp] 7500 having problems after upgrade from 12.0.19S2 to 12.0.31S1

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Nov 22 08:50:12 EST 2005

Isolating memory leaks is pretty simple if there is one.

reboot box
If low memory is there after convergence most likely not a leak
and you don't have enough memory.

If you have a lot free (we recommend 20+M for full bgp feeds to
handle transient memory during reconvergence) then you start to
monitor 'sh proc mem' over time. If it keeps gonig down for free
you isolate the process that keeps increasing in the Holding column
and collect "sh proc mem <PID>" for that process and open a case with
TAC.

Rodney