[c-nsp] LC-1OC12/POS-SM

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Nov 25 06:05:54 EST 2005

Hi,

>  Can you please give me a feedback about this card ? I need to use an
> stm4 connection, and someone told me that the card can't go to speeds
> higher then 400-500mbps. I need a feedback about maximum pps and bps
> that card support in production (other than cisco docs) ?

As this is a first generation, software-based linecard (every feature
will be executed on the LC-CPU), the performance depends on the number
of features you have enabled on the LC and/or on the box. The feature
impact is roughly comparable to other software-based platforms (like the
7500/VIP, 7200/NPE, etc.)..

	oli