[c-nsp] Multicast and MPLS TE auto-route coexistence issues?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Sun Nov 27 22:45:47 EST 2005

Anyone ever run MPLS TE and IP multicast on their network?  I'm running
into some odd behaviors with these two features enabled - I obviously
have "mpls traffic-eng multicast-intact" enabled within my IGP, and
"mpls ip" on TE tunnels that don't end on a PE.  TE tunnels all have
"autoroute announce" on them, but for some reason my PE loopback /32
addresses sometimes "disappear" when various TE tunnels are brought up.
  In some cases, it's caused BGP sessions to drop; in other cases it's
nearly unnoticed unless we look for it.  Network is 7507s (RSP4/256,
VIP2-50/128/8, mostly PA-FE-TX, PA-MC-2T3, and PA-4E) and 12008s
(GRP-B/512, 6DS3-E0, 8FE-E1, 4OC12-E2), all running 12.0(31)S1 or
12.0(27)S3.  I can see the address in "sh ip os da", but for some reason
it's not making it into my RIB.

Any suggestions on where to look, or just punt to TAC?

Thanks,

Pete Templin